D-ACTIVE: Disability and Active Citizenship
The main aim of the DACTIVE project was the fostering of the Active Citizenship and learning among a particular adult target group at high risk of emargination, persons with intellectual disability.
- difficulty in implementing activities aimed at developing key and specialistic competencies (according to recommendations proposed by the European Council as in the Barcelona Conference 12/05/2009 ET 2020);
- difficulty in providing European methods in order to foster the concrete development of essential competencies for becoming active citizens and finding better jobs;
Starting from a tool used in clinical and social fields – the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health – the so-called ICF (recommended by WHO) and in order to address the needs explained above, the DACTIVE project in its two years of developing created and experimented multidimensional and integrated tools and applicative models in education.
The main outputs of the project have been:
- a research to create a common base to work on the ICF in relation to the training and the Key competencies necessary to persons with disabilities to exercise their Active Citizenship;
- a Catalogue of Criteria to prepare guidelines to develop training course addressed to educationalists and to persons with disabilities;
- an EDU HANDBOOK and a model course in order to train educationalists to implement actions aimed at developing active citizenship in people with intellectual disability;
- a CITY HANDBOOK and a model course to be used by trained educationalist when dealing with people with intellectual disability
- training courses to test the handbooks
- a final conference attended by experts
The envisaged impacts achieved are:
- the implementation and elaboration of models recognized and usable on a European scale;
- the use of the above mentioned models in educational work and in actions of programming, research and comparing among different European countries;
- the improvement of the quality of life for persons with disabilities;
- the development of opportunities for exercising the rights to active citizenship;
- the fulfilment of the objectives set up by the European Council.
Funding programme: LLP-Grundtvig